Positions Available at the Omaha and Gretna Locations
Welcome to the Outdoor Power Superstore. Ty’s Outdoor Power is the largest dealer in the state, serving the Nebraska and Iowa markets with outdoor power/small engine needs. We offer an enormous selection of equipment with lines like Hustler Mowers, BOSS Snowplows, Ventrac Tractors, Toro, Honda, Grasshopper, STIHL, SnowEx, and many more.
With three locations (Omaha, Gretna, and Lincoln), we help our 40,000+ customer base purchase new equipment, schedule simple tune-ups and general maintenance, locate and order parts, or consult on best practices with the machines we sell.
Ty’s seeks a Sales Associate to join our team! The sales reps are responsible for the sale of new and used outdoor power and turf equipment. You will conduct sales within the store, build relationships with customers, and help them identify needed parts to keep their machines operating smoothly. You will be expected to establish customer relationships while promoting all aspects of Ty’s Outdoor Power.
In this role, you will:
- Sell and quote products to customers in person, on the phone and via email. Work with customers to make sure they are getting the right product for their application. Suggest alternatives and/or additional “add-on” items during the sales process.
- Work with computer system (Ideal) for entering orders, quotes, and checking product availability/pricing.
- Handle cash and credit card transactions for customers not on account.
- Answer phones and emails with proper business etiquette. Dress in Ty’s uniform and maintain professional appearance.
- Work with purchasing to coordinate pricing and product lead times for non-stock items. Communicate this back to customer and follow-up throughout the process.
- Work with outside sales reps and coordinate with them on quotes and sales to customers.
- Study and stay current on new product bulletins and catalogs. The job might require reading specifications and providing submittals on specified product.
We’ll also need you to:
- Arrange showroom displays, and provide basic cleaning and maintenance of counter sales, showroom and rental/demo equipment.
- Place outgoing or prospecting calls to gain new business.
- Pull orders, climb ladders, operate forklift, package product, lift heavy items, work outside, and work indoors.
- Additional tasks include creating rental/demo contracts and returning rental/demo products.
- Perform other duties as requested by manager or supervisor.
We’re looking for these skills:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent customer follow-up and responsiveness skills, people-oriented
We would prefer you have an education and/or experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in compact or agricultural equipment or similar industry, e.g. lawn maintenance, landscaping, snow removal, etc.
- Counter or retail sales: 2 years (Preferred)
This position offers an hourly wage starting at $12-19, and bonuses based on performance. You will receive thorough training to kick start your career. Ty’s Outdoor Power employees who demonstrate high performance and commitment will have the opportunity for career development and advancement within sales.